The BIG Selling season is Here!!
It's time, the big selling season is here! What if you are not ready? First, don't panic. There is still time to get some of the basics taken care of. Here are a few things you can do today.
- TODAY: Check all your needed supplies!! From product supplies to packing and shipping supplies. Tape? Boxes? Bags? Tissue paper? Business cards? Printer paper? Ink?
- ORDER WHAT YOU NEED TODAY!! Don't wait, do it now! You would rather have extra on hand then need to find what you ran out of. This can literally make or break your selling season.
- SHIPPING STATION: Set up an area that will be dedicated to everything shipping. All shipping supplies within reach. Tape, scissors, tissue paper, bags, business cards, printer ( for shipping labels), product holding area, boxes and more.
- PACKING ORDERS: Set up a time of day that you will package all your days orders. Once you establish the time for this, keep it. Don't change it!! It needs to become part of your daily routine.
- CHECKING FOR ORDERS AND MESSAGES: Establish a routine for checking on new orders, phone messages and emails. Three times a day is plenty. First thing in the morning, lunch time and at the end of the day. Keep it as brief as possible. Print your orders, reply to the messages and if needed, set a timer to insure you don't spend time "surfing on line".
- PRODUCTION: If you make orders as they come in, you will need as much time as possible to handle the work load. Stay focused by organizing everything NOW. Clean up the studio. Organize all your supplies for ease of production. Work on multiples at a time rather than one at a time if at all possible! This is a huge time saver and you will be surprised how much you can get accomplished this way.
- AVOID DISTRACTIONS: Turn off your phones ringer if possible. For those who say, I can't do that, let the answering machine/voice mail pick up and take the call. You can look at the caller ID to see if it was an emergency call. Otherwise, you will be getting your messages later at your dedicated time. For those of us with home studios, you will need to teach family and friends that you are working!! Every time you stop to chat or visit, you loose valuable time for production. Shut off your cell phone!! No checking of FB, Twitter, Pinterest etc. You need to be disciplined and stay focused on your job.